When we create something, we have a vision in our minds and an intention to create it. We dream and imagine it coming to be... we keep our attention on it. We think about it all the time... And then we take action.
So how do we un-create?
If I have something that I really don’t like (lets say a painting) and it’s on my wall and everytime I look at it I say, “Oh, I hate this painting. It’s got to go!” If I truly want it gone, then what do I do?
Do I keep looking at it saying, “I really hate this, I wish it would go!!”
I could look at it forever... just wishing it would go away... but the truth is, the more attention I give it, the more emotion I give it... the more it will remain as an ugly painting on my wall.
Here are six steps to un-create:
- Be clear that you want this thing (person, experience) out of your life.
- Make peace with it. (Thank it for being a part of your life and whatever it has given you).
- Imagine your life without it. (Imagine it floating away... or disappearing and getting smaller and smaller.) How do you feel?
- KNOW that it is on it’s way out.
- Take whatever action is indicated to you.
- Now give your attention to what you Do want.
Un-creating can be almost as much fun as creating... and opens the door for something new.
What do you need to let go of?...
What will you un-create today?